Redeem System’s IPTV Set-Top Box provides network services and rich entertainment media. The IPTV Set-Top Box is capable of performing Audio, Video and Data functions over the network thereby converting your TV into a multi-purpose and multi-media compliant infotainment device.
An IPTV set-top box is a dedicated computing device that serves as an interface between a television set and a broadband network. In addition to decoding and rendering IP TV signals, the IP set-top box can provide functionality that includes Video-on-Demand (VOD), Electronic Program Guide (EPG), Digital Rights Management (DRM), Audio / Video Media Player support and a variety of interactive and multimedia services. IPTV set-top box can support in-demand features such as Web browsing, E-mail and viewing e-mail attachments, Advanced Multimedia Codecs, Home Networking, Personal Computer connectivity, Gateway Functionality, Instant Messaging (IM), and Real-time Voice over IP (VoIP).
Core Offerings Include
- Web Browser for Internet Access
- With Flash and Java Support
- Instant Messaging and Chat
– Supports IRC, Yahoo, MSN and Jabber Servers
- VoIP support for Internet voice calls
- Audio / Video Media Player
– Movies: DVD, VCD, MPEG2, MPEG4, AVI, WMV, etc.
– Still Image: JPEG, GIF, PNG, etc.
– Audio: CD-DA, MP3, Ogg, etc.
- Configuration Management